Tuesday, January 18, 2011

22. Knit at least ten items out of my stash [1/10]

I finally finished a pair of kids mitts yesterday. I wanted to try a pair of those honeycombed newfoundland mittens that I see everywhere. Here they are:


They're heavily modified from the original pattern (found here) and I think they should a 6-7 year old.


This pattern was really easy to follow, and I would have finished them faster if I didn't keep making stupid little mistakes. I used some of the purple Patons Classic from my secret santa flip top mitts and some black from a pair of gloves that didn't get finished for Christmas.

Next on the list is Chrysanthemums from the new Knitty:


I've got some Knitpicks Palette in white and eggplant that are just itching to become pretty Norwegian mittens!

1 comments:

Karen Bing said...

Wow! I knew you were a beautiful knitter but I am amazed. Both thosemmittens look super tricky and you can do them! I am in awe I wish I could knit more then a scarf! I can't wait to see how your next mittens turn out!!

Post a Comment